How the OSCO Group contributed:
FCC Construction: General Contractor/Project Manager
FCC Electrical: Electrical & Communications Cabling
Strescon: Ready-Mix: supplied approx 1000 square metres of ready-mix
Ocean Steel: supplied approx 93 tons of structural steel, 20 tons of joists, and 28,000 sq.ft. of deck
OSCO Rebar: supplied and placed approx. 62 tons of rebar and 15,000 sq.ft. of mesh.
Project: LEED GOLD CERTIFIED office building
Client: Commercial Properties Limited
Location: Saint John, NB
Duration: 1 year
FCC Construction is proud to have served as the project manager for Atlantic Canada's first LEED GOLD CERTIFIED commercial building.
Green Features of Somerset Square:
• Change-rooms and showers encourage active lifestyles and non-polluting transportation
• Available bike storage, and preferred parking reserved for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles and carpools
• On-site recycling storage room and collection service
• Low-flow fixtures reduce water consumption by 20%.
• Building’s exterior 17 energy efficient lights reduce light pollution
• Rainwater collected on roof and recycled in washroom fixtures and building services. Water consumption reduced by over 40%.
• Energy consumption reduced by 33% with computer programming of integrated system in the boiler room. System includes plumbing fixtures, walls, windows, roof, lighting, heating, ventilation and cooling
• Sensor-operated lights in washrooms, boiler & storage rooms
• 75% of workspaces have access to daylight
• Operable windows on every floor (for fresh air and temperature control)
• Panels along the ceiling distribute heat evenly
• Drought-resistant shrubs retain water & provide green space
• Paint, carpet and sealants are non-toxic
• Environmental Choice Certified and 100% biodegradable cleaning products used throughout building